Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Who wouldv'e thunk it but I'm knitting

the previous posts were a catch up to what I've been wanting to say for weeks since I started this blog. Before I started the third pair of socks, I had to stopped into Uniquities, Vienna VA to buy size 1 circulars. I work in Tysons Corner so they are convenient (sometimes too much so) One of the gals there was wearing this top/vest that was to die for. She had made it from the The Knitting Experience: Book 1: The Knit Stitch (The Knitting Experience) Buy it here as this is a great price. It was the Lots-of-Choices Top. Look at the drawing, you knit it in two pieces that have two different necklines and button together, I can't find a picture of it any place on line! So here are pictures from the book. What I really liked was C that chose to make it in a cotton yarn (Classic Elite Flash) and used two colorways. I wanted to make something that I could wear year round. So I ordered the yarn, one was special order. So I continued on with the socks & received the call that one of the colors I wanted was discontinued! So after work, I tried to pick another color. Nada, then one of the other ladies suggested Tweedy Cotton Classic. I'm using Colors 476 & 465. I have to tell you that the gals & guy at this shop are just the best!! They don't have a web site but be sure to put them on your list of shops to visit in Northern Virginia. The selection of yarn, book and needles are to die for. Here are the colors. I started last Sunday and was starting to see why so many people stay with socks! This is what I got done in one week. I needed to make two swatches. The suggested size was a 7 and had very specific gauge requirements. Size 7 was off so I went down to size 6. Perfect. Plus, this is a crochet cast on which is really pretty. Yesterday, I wound up all but 1 of each color (hope I don't need them) Best investment I made at Stitches East was the ball winder & swift. Cats love to watch it so it becomes a family affair. It is really an easy, easy pattern repeat but I did have to ribbit once yesterday morning. I have added a second skein and have about half more than what you seen done since last night. I home when I get to the armholes it will be just as easy.

No comments: