Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

4th of July update

Oh, I've been so remiss in keeping up with this blog. I'm think I need a secretary to write to about the tons of knitting thoughts I have. Do I blog or knit. Well, knitting is winning. Then I remembered that you can save posts as drafts! Duh, why didn't I think of this two weeks ago!

Here are the 4th of July socks finished.


And here they are on my BFF


We had a thunderstorm come through that took us from the pool side bar-b-que to inside. After eating hot dogs, hamburger and steak with sides of various yummy salads ending with cheesecake, we retired to the living room where BFF's GD put the socks on. BFF was having back problems. Funny to watch H struggle to get them on. Definitely not the same as putting socks on one of her dolls! So as we are sitting there in the AC my feet were getting cold! As I sat across the room and looked at my gift on BFF feet, I couldn't help think how ironic it was that she now had toasty toes and I was freezing. So despite it being the 4th of July those socks came in real handy. She did offer me socks (not hers) but I declined. I also couldn't help think of the Wizard of OZ while looking at the socks now that she was wearing them.

Hate that little stitch hanging out.

No comments: