Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Keeping busy

I upgraded my Internet Explorer 7 to IE8. I love it. The best feature I like is when I open a new tab you can set and see your bookmarked pages. I can now just click on a thumbnail of pages I frequent. Like the Panda at the National Zoo, I just saw her snuggling with a ball. I have my Facebook page, Google Reader, my YouTube account, Race for the Cure Team Ratner. I sent emails to my family, Friends and Knitters and have received my first donation from a special knitting friend!! I love this community. All who read, follow or comment on my blog have become friends. We have found out that we have so much more in common than knitting. I love traveling around the country as well as the world.

I know there might be issues about using our knitting blog for causes but that is all part of what we are. We share our ups and downs. Our dogs and cats. The gifts we make, knitted or not. The prizes we win from contests. The goodies we receive from swaps. If we do it, care about it, make it, we share. That is why we keep up with one another.

When my friend made a donation and all the people in my office saw it and I told them how I reached out they was surprised. I was so proud to say it was from a knitting friend. To them it was a 'hobby' thing. Then they thought about it and figured out that they too would reach out. So another race is on! To encourage the "home office" to join they are offering two lunches. I forget what we need to do but it will be Pizza and Super Chicken. I think I am the only person in the office who does not like their food or I am the only one who openly admits it! OK, I'm getting carried away!

Here are a few things that I have purchased since the beginning of the year. I will spread them out over several posts because seeing it all in once place overwhelms me. I know that when I buy online that they are my treats to myself as I believe one day at a time. I know that I can spend too much but...

This is a book I swapped at the 2009 Knitters Retreat. I have had it in a stack of things to take pictures of! Check it out at Knit Picks.

More from the retreat. You can read about Mary's art at Robin's post here mid way down the page. The wine ring was made by Robin but I am using it as jewelry.
All this highlight tape came in the mail yesterday. Run don't walk and get these. It only took one day to receive them!

I mentioned in a previous post that I spent March and April on Ancestry.com. I have so many records of my Great Grandfather, Abraham Isherwood and family who immigrated from England between 1905 and 1916. So far, I've only printed out a few pages at work as they need to be 11 x 17. (Work or print out, what a choice!!) I did save all the jpeg as pdf's at work. I have Adobe Pro at work. I will use these tapes to highlight the family members for my Mother & Aunt to read. I also hooked up with a relative in California who is the grand-daughter of Abraham's son Abraham. That's correct, Abraham my GGF, father was also Abraham! Talk about confusing trying to make sure I attach the correct record to the right Abe.

Panda check. Mei Xiang does move slowly but she has been moving around. There are two cams Cam 1 is Mei Xiang, Cam II are the boys. You have to watch her. Panda fever here in DC.

I started this post about 2 hours ago, yikes! Not all in one sitting but you can tell I'm on a role. Which for me is a good sign because it means I am busy around the house.

Later, enjoy the weekend. I'll have pictures soon of my roses & peonies. It is cloudy and misting rain so I plan on cutting all the peonies. Jeez Louise, I sure am on a roll. Could it be the 4 cups of coffee? lol

2 comments:

SissySees said...

You have been busy! It's really raining here at the moment, and Gretchen is bored. Sissy is sleeping...

Firefly Nights said...

I was really happy with ancestry.com a couple of years ago when I was able to go through passenger lists for a bunch of ships that came over from Ireland/Scotland in the 1860s when my great grandparents on my father's side came to this country. I was able to find out what ship they were on and then I researched the ship. It was very interesting. My uncle, who spent hours in libraries trying to research stuff like this, would have loved the Internet if he was still alive.