Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Highlights of my virtual vacation

I'm not sure how Chris & I managed to go to so many places but here are some highlights. We were in Guthrie, OK and braked at S.W.A.K. Almost caused an accident! Nah, but I can hear the two of us...
"It's over on the right, hurry"
"No, it's up on the left"
"Turn, already! I see it in the middle of the block"
"Oh, I'm so excited"
This is what we saw. The most beautiful site to behold. Where to start. I've been known to be in a LYS for quite awhile. Never have I been in one this large. You see this is my strategy, I go around once, slowly, then I go the other way around. Sort of like grazing. I touch, squeeze, caress, sometimes a very lite feel at my chin/neck. I know when I do this that there is a good chance it is coming home with me. This is the commitment stage. Are we right for each other. Now, I sort of know the lay of the land. Chris was a very good host. She knows the place. She knew where the deals were. As this is a virtual vacation and I have unlimited funds, yeah right, well it is my vacation. This is what I got 3 skeins of Noro Sumile Multi-pink, enough of O-Wool Balance in Peridot to make a top. OK, there was more (sock yarn) but won't bore you. Love gadgets so I got this Placefinder, never saw it before. They had these Suede Purse Bottoms - Tote. Never saw these before either. No budget so I picked up quite a few in different colors. Check out that purple. In addition to yarn I've been keeping my eye out for totes. What is it with us knitters, yarn, totes and cats. Since I could not make up my mind I got the Monkey Tote & Another Yarn Bag, the sweater key chain. Oh, hell, I went nuts and got just about one of everything except the shirts and calendars. I forgot to mention buttons. Look at the selection they have. Just love the name and the prices of their classes. Did I say I had fun!
Then lunch at Eskimo Joes you can go on a virtual tour. I could not make up my mind Joe's Famous Fowl Thing or Joe's Chili Cheese Dog or Joe's Sauteed Mushroom & Swiss Special. This is what they say about subsitutations: The famous Joe's Special is traditionally served with fresh-cut Idaho French fries or substitute baked beans or cottage cheese. Come on I have the fries. We had to come back so I could get my fill. I'll leave you now. You must be as exhusted as I am just going to one yarn shop.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Wow I loved your vacation. I get all goose pimply in yarn shops. I think I would faint in that one. You are right about tote bags. I have dozens and use them all. Can never have enough. The food sure sounded good too. Glad you had such a grand time.

jopal said...

Thank you sooo much for the fantastic vacation package. It was so much fun to open and imagine being at all the wonderful places you took me to! You did a great job! Glad you went on a great vacation to OK.

Alaina said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment...

Am envious of that Yarn shopping spree... hee hee

Looks like you did okay.

Lis said...

Thanks for stopping by! Hey, I can soooooo relate about the tote bags, it's borderline ridiculous! Your vacation sounded AWESOME!

Donna said...

Hi Ksee, I usually look for my pictures and then save them to my folders so I don't steal anyone's bandwith. this is the link for the knitting nest http://www.kaspareks.biz/images/AS-7inter_K.jpg

Hope that it helps.

Dr. B. said...

That was a huge store! It's impressive that you didn't pass out from all that fiber.

Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about my Chevron Scarf.

Have a lovely long weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a shop!!! I wish I could visit those buttons! I love buttons and just pick ones up that I see and like all the time. It's hard to find them.