Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Another pair of socks finished

Here are my 1st pair knit at the same time with magic loop method. I used Size 1 Addi, Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Tweed-Plum. Back in December I ordered the Sock Sampler in Cool Colors.

Other than the snafu I had yesterday dropping a stitch these were an easy knit. Did a simple k2p2. cast on 72 stitches.
I was up at 4:30 this morning and started laundry and cleaning up. Had let the cleaning go these past two weeks. In between loads of laundry I cast on another preemie hat. This will be a gift for my BFF 2nd daughters 2nd baby. I was done by noon. The pattern is from the Knitting 08 calendar January 3rd. Called Cabled Baby Hats. I did the five cable hat but messed up and only did 4 cables. Used an #3 Clover 36". Here is is being modled on my Miss Revlon doll. She has been with me since I was 10 or 11 years old.


Here are two of my purchases from Knitting at the Lake 2008. Robin's Dad make baskets. What talent this family has.
This is the yarn kit I brought from Mary Jane, from Unraveled. She put this kit together to knit from Sally Melville's Knit Book, which I happened to own, "Shape it Scarf". Mary Jane also figured out the yardage for the Ladder Scarf that Kati had made. Somewhere there is a picture of her on someones blog for the life of me I can not find it. So I need to figure out which one to make.
In addition to L have another baby, The Ashley Fister Cole Foundation will have an auction that I need to knit something for. Ashley was the daughter of a dear friend and co-worker. One of their events is coming up soon. Morning at the Movies. J told me what the movie was but I forgot. In the past 5 years it has been at the Merrifield Multiplex. If you live in No Va you must attend. It is a blast, the kids have always been well behaved. We have the theatre to our selves.

well, have to go and watch the three Lost shows the had this past week.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Love that shade purple!! And, of course, great basket!!! Daddy makes such beautiful baskets and really enjoys that other people like them.

Unknown said...

Oh, I LOVE purple! What a great pair of socks. And those yarns look scruptious, too. :)