Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

to all the mother's out there. Mine called me yesterday. We don't talk so it was a surprise. I will leave that subject alone.

I have completed sock 1 of graffiti and will start the heel flap today for the 2nd one.

Garden
We have had rain for three days now. It looks like today may turn out to be a nice one. Every year the rain crushes my peonies and this year is no exception. It also took one of my climbing rose bushes down. I plan on going out today and trying the rose up to the wall. I sure hope I can do it without too much damage to myself. The climbers can also get the better of me! This is the one peonie that I have braced up.

This was the 1st to bloom and was laying on the ground. Peonies are so heavy that I always cut them off and soak them head down in a bucket to get rid of the ants. I than can bring them in the house and take some to work. I did run this one under water and left it in the bud vase in the kitchen yesterday and returned later to find ants everywhere! So an hour later with every surface once again cleaned of ants, I was able to bring the flower to my computer.

This is the 2nd peonie with part of the rose bush crushing it.
My Columbine held up beautifully. When the blooms are spent and I can collect the seeds I am going to give it a try to get more of this beautiful plant.

New Neighbors
Earlier in the week, leaving for work I came across these two. We have a lot of kids so my neighborhood is not the place to start a family but I think these too will. I'll be on the lookout for the babies.

Dinner time at Casa KSee

What would be knitting without Contests

Head on over to (Not So) Cynical Knitting Gal she is having a caption contest and make sure you tell her I sent you! Deadline May 15th.


Abigail of 1870 Pearl is having a comment contest. This blog was a great find as she writes beautifully. Unlike me, I leave the pictures to do the talking. Deadline end of May. For the life of me I'm still learning how to embed links to a picture when in a post. So follow my link above.

Peaceful Knitter is looking for inspiration and ideas for using up more of my stash. Leave her a comment to help her out and you could be a winner of some Knit Picks Shimmer! Oh, I could be a winner too!!

9 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Thanks for the shout out and for your entry in the caption contest!

Robin said...

Your garden is BEAUTIFUL! Love the sock...
Zorro eats like Mr. Ace--tail straight out!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I think we all have relatives that we just "leave it alone." You're not alone. My Mom and I are fine, but my sister is another story.

Bubblesknits said...

Looks like dinner time at my house. LOL Happy Mother's Day to you, too!

Lynn said...

Hey, I have one of those too, except he's a father. I agree, one of those to leave alone.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that sock!!! Great colors in it that blend so well together! I can't wait to see the 2nd one finished.

Great pics of the garden and what a great shot of feeding time! SO cute!!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for linking to and entering my contest! It's been great looking over everyone's stash-busting ideas.
Your peonies look gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

The shot of the columbine with the water droplets is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You know things are getting bad when you can't even spell your own name...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful kitties. And those "new neighbors" should be interesting.

Everything should be okay as long as you don't combine those migratory birds with "Dinner time at Casa KSee"! Although it would be interesting to see which would prevail - the birds or the felines.