Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Too Cute!!

This is a preemie hat Carol made. Took the picture at work yesterday morning at work.

Then I received this email from a friend. Names have been changed to protect the innocent

True story - happened last night.

B (my five year old) is in the shower and says "Oh my gosh, my balls are getting smaller". I'm hoping against hope he isn't talking about his "balls" but some toy he has in the shower. And I say, "What honey?" And he replies, "My balls, you know my nuts (the stuff they learn at school is amazing), are getting smaller". With the straightest mom face, I can muster, I say, "that's what happens when boys get cold". His solution -fill up a cup with hot water and pour it over his "balls" to see if they get bigger. To his disappointment, it didn't work. I then had to explain that once he dried off and put on his PJ's things would go back their "normal size". I'm not ready for boys....

Leaving you with me being mothered.


5 comments:

Wendy said...

Kids say the darndest things don't they! This brings up the importance of actually teaching our kids about the proper functions and names of the body and talking about sex from an early age. Being a 3rd grade teacher and being required to teach a family life program, I'm always surprised at what the kids come up with on their own and from their friends. I'm glad that I can help give them a beter understanding of themselves and others around them.

Ariel said...

That is just toooooo funny!!! Keep him away from the blow dryer. :-)

picperfic said...

oh hahah! Thanks for sharing..you gotta love 'em!

Knitcrazy said...

LOL... Out of The Mouth of Babes !!! :)

Alaina said...

LMAO - Thanks for the smile...I needed it.

Thanks for the comments you left my direction...{{{hug}}}

That story reminded me of the time I came out of the local store to find my children (boys) shooting tampons into the parking lot...they thought they were awesome little rockets...they were about 5 yeaars old....

Gotta love them....

;)