Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

BSJ #3- for Jabril

The color is more like a F0lgers coffee canister. Not this bright.
The buttons were a perfect choice
this is how much yarn I had left to finish up 6 rows. Had to run back to Hanc0ck Fabrics. I was buying buttons for the other two BSJ when I looked for a better yarn color for a boy. I had already picked up 2 skeins that would be OK for a boy but the pastel colors were not working for me. When I brought the first skein they accepted my 40% off coupon from Michael's but when I needed that one extra skein they would not accept it! So I paid $2.39 for skein #1 & $3.99 for #2. I plan on sending customer service an email complaint. I have always been able to use my AC M00re & Michael's coupons at either place.
This picture shows you the marker were I stopped decreasing. When it was time to knit the 90 stitches and put 34 on hold on either side I cut the yarn put the 34 x 2 sts on waste yarn. Joined the yarn and knit 10 ridges across, cut the yarn at end. I then put the other stitches back on the needle and joined at the beginning, knit across to the 90 & picked up 10 stitches. Knit 90 and picked up the other 10.
Yarn: Premier Yarns-Coral- Color Red
Needles: Susan Bates Quicksilver Circular Size 6; 4mm
Started July 28 and finished August 30, 2008


What I have learned: Don't over think it like I did for BSJ#1. By #2 I was making less mistakes. Just make sure you keep the marker on the one stitch that is left after decreasing. The other thing that made it easier was having one of those little round stitch markers every 10 stitches. As I worked from right to left I would move it as the stitch count changed. On the increase rows I would add markers as I needed. I am now on the third go round on knitting up a hat for Juliet's sweater. I finally mailed her sweater and other presents out on Monday. At the rate the hat is going she will be 6 months old when I finish. Hat not hard, I just have not picked up the needles since last Thursday.
I really enjoyed knitting up the BSJ once I got the hang of it.

7 comments:

leah said...

the buttons are adorable!!!

SissySees said...

Love the buttons! What a great jacket.

Robin said...

I LOVE buttons and these are so cute!! I want to knit a BSJ. Each one I've seen is adorable.

Bubblesknits said...

How precious!

Anita said...

That one turned out great!! I love the buttons. :)

Anonymous said...

how cute those buttons are....great job

Cat said...

They're certainly a labor of love! Beautiful, KSee! Will you be at Stitches?